Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Net Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 99% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: CHERINNA
TRIHEARTS, BALTIMORE, MD
Cherinna of Trihearts in Baltimore, MD has used her experience as a special education teacher and mental health therapist to develop a program of counseling, education, and fitness for children with disabilities.
WHAT INSPIRED CHERINNA TO START HER BUSINESS?
Cherinna has worked in special education for 6 years and mental health therapy for 3. She saw the potential in young minds for the benefits of her 3 prong approach to healing- counseling, education, and fitness to help improve their lives. This inspired her to start her business to promote confidence, motivation, and self-sufficiency.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF CHERINNA'S LOAN?
Cherinna's loan will allow her to hire educated staff and purchase beneficial educational materials for the children participating in her program. This will also allow her to throw fundraising events to give her even more opportunities to help children in need in the Baltimore area. --- Read more at Kiva.org