Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Net Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 97% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: ELISABETH
ECHO ADVENTURE COOPERATIVE, GROVELAND, CA
Elisabeth of Echo Adventure Cooperative in Groveland, CA offers travel experiences through Yosemite National Park and throughout the Sierra. Run by worker-owners, her company is dedicated to sustainability and supporting dedicated adventurers.
WHAT INSPIRED ELISABETH TO START HER BUSINESS?
Elisabeth found her love for the great outdoors while hiking the Appalachian Trail and exploring the Sierra Nevada. After working at Yosemite, she realized the opportunity she had to create a worker-owned sustainably guided adventure program.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF ELISABETH'S LOAN?
After running her company remotely for 3 years with successful growth, Elisabeth is ready to seize the opportunity of establishing a base camp. This will offer a variety of services for her adventurous customers to enjoy in one location. --- Read more at Kiva.org