Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Net Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 96% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: ERIKA
SUGAR AND SPICE LA, PASADENA, CA
Erika of Sugar and Spice LA in Pasadena, CA grew up learning the value of working hard for herself. At 40 years old she went back to school to become an esthetician and open her own spa.
WHAT INSPIRED ERIKA TO START HER BUSINESS?
Erika started her first business, a Spinal Cord Injury Community, when she was 23 years old. This sparked her entrepreneurial spirit, eventually leading her to open up her own store.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF ERIKA'S LOAN?
Erika has been offering her services at homes as well as venues but plans to open a brick and mortar location. This loan will allow her to complete the steps to open up her spa space. --- Read more at Kiva.org