Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 99% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: Eva
ADVENTURE MENDOTA, MENDOTA, VA
Eva's business is a first for outdoor recreation in her community and she has seen how it has allowed her town to bloom, hoping that it will lead to even more opportunities for small businesses like hers.
WHAT ARE EVA'S DREAMS FOR HER BUSINESS?
"I grew up in Mendota, Virginia during a time when it had a tobacco-based economy. It was a rural farming village with a few general stores and a school. Today all of that is gone but what is left is a beautiful river and outdoor area. My dream is for Mendota to have its own local economy which allows residents to live and work in or near their homes -- as we did in the past. Outdoor recreation is a vehicle that can facilitate that economy. No one believed people would travel to Mendota to kayak with Adventure Mendota-- we're 17 miles from a grocery store!! However, as we enter our 4th year, about 7,000 guests have done exactly that -- and they always ask "What else is there to do?" Opportunity is calling for other entrepreneurs, and I am so excited about the future. " — Eva via Kiva.org
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF EVA'S LOAN?
"Each year our business has continued to grow and we've added kayaks, kayak trailers and transport vehicles--along with capital improvements such as two indoor restrooms. A KIVA loan of $9072 will provide for the purchase of 25 additional kayaks ($8035) and 25 paddles ($1037) to expand our kayak fleet size to 75. These are greatly needed--as of mid-March, we have 12 groups of 15-50 already booked for 2018! (Until 2018, we have never had a group book preseason!) In 2017, our 50+ kayaks did not meet our needs and we found ourselves borrowing kayaks from neighbors when large groups arrived with extra guests! We are excited about the future of our small business--and outdoor recreation in as a whole in Southwest Virginia--and are grateful to KIVA for being a part of our story." — Eva via Kiva.org