Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 99% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: CALVIN EATON
540WMain is a Community Arts, Education & Cultural Center in Rochester, New York.
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT 540WMAIN?
"Calvin Eaton is an educator, published author, freelance writer, chef and holistic wellness activist who launched the Gluten Free Chef Blog, in 2012 and the Community Arts & Education Center 540WMain in 2016 after years of living with the effects of Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue and Celiac Disease – conditions that are exacerbated by the presence of wheat, gluten, and dairy products in foods. His goal has always been to make gluten free living accessible to everyone." -- pulled from Kiva.org
WHY DOES CALVIN NEED A LOAN?
"A Kiva loan will help me purchase equipment, remodel our community space, and gain working capital for our community programs and enable us to support the community in better and greater capacity than we current are. Some types of equipment that we will purchase include laptop computers, an improved security system, new doors and locks, new flooring, new painting and new lighting fixtures." -- pulled from Kiva.org