Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 99% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: Shane
Rainfield Farm, USA
RAINFIELD FARM is a small farm that produces all-organic foods using minimal-impact farming methods.
HOW DOES SHANE COMMIT TO PROVIDING ORGANIC PRODUCE?
"We practice organic growing methods which prevents the use of pesticides and synthetic chemicals and rely heavily on composting and soil conditioning through cover crops, green manure and crop rotations." —pulled from RainfieldFarm.com
WHAT WILL SHANE USE THIS LOAN FOR?
"Our farm currently provides our customers fresh organic produce from May through October. A Kiva loan will allow us to purchase a hoop house which we can then [use to grow] our lettuces, greens, and root vegetables year round. This will allow us to retain our customers and wholesale clients. The additional revenue from year round farming will also allow me to not have to work a second job. The loan will be used to purchase a hoop house for $8000 and run electric and water which will require the remaining $2000." —pulled from Kiva.org