Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 99% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: Gail
Morningside PlayCare, USA
Morningside PlayCare provides cutting-edge language development education to two- through five-year olds.
WHAT MAKES MORNINGSIDE SPECIAL?
"[Morningside immerses] children ages 2 years to 5 years in the Mandarin language, while providing child care, pre-school, and after-school services in a nurturing, play-based environment. We collaborate with educators at key universities to train teachers and help develop and document best practices in this leading edge field." —pulled from Kiva.org
WHAT WILL GAIL USE THIS LOAN FOR?
"This Kiva loan will keep us competitive. It will help secure a UPK contract from the City of New York, making it possible for up to 54 four-year-olds from all income brackets and backgrounds, to enroll in our program and learn Mandarin. It will allow us to grow to scale, from a 2017 enrollment of 11 to a 2018 enrollment of 70, as per our business plan! . . . Morningside PlayCare can finally do what it has envisioned: make multilingualism available to children from a full range of income brackets." —pulled from Kiva.org