Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Net Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 96% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: Tanner, Coleman & Bailee
Simple + Sweet Creamery, Farmington, AR
"Their company’s primary focus is to fight hunger and bring a unique ice cream recipe to their region. Since 2020 they have donated over 12,500 meals through our local NWA Food Bank donations derived from the profits they made from online sales of their ice cream." Sited from Kiva.org
WHAT INSPIRED TANNER, COLEMAN & BAILEE TO START THEIR BUSINESS?
"Coleman had the idea for Simple + Sweet Creamery- an ice cream shop that donates a large portion of its profits to fight hunger in the NWA area. Bailee and Tanner were excited to assist Coleman and develop a for-profit company whose primary focus is to fight hunger and bring a unique ice cream recipe to their region. They now want to expand operations with a food trailer to allow them to donate more due to increased sales" Sited from Kiva.org
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF SIMPLE + SWEET CREAMERY'S LOAN?
"Currently, they are operating online only and hand-delivering orders to customers’ homes with a fleet of drivers. This Kiva loan will provide them with a better way to serve their customers. With the hopes of opening a food trailer in the Summer of 2021, this loan will help aid the operating and equipment costs that it takes to get it started. The mobile ice cream trailer will allow existing customers a more consistent and thoughtful experience while also creating a greater market for their company.." Sited from Kiva.org