Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Net Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 96% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: Ms. Mwavita
Ms. Mwavita, CONGO (DRC)
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START YOUR BUSINESS?
"Ms. Mwavita is married, and the mother of 9 children, 7 of whom go to school. Her partner is a shopkeeper. Ms. Mwavita is a lumber merchant. She began this business five years ago with startup funds from her husband. Her inspiration is to provide food for her family and she would like for her children to continue their studies." - Sited from Kiva.org
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR LOAN?
"With this new loan, she will buy planks in bulk, which will add to her startup capital. The challenge of her business is linked to the lack of customers and this loan will allow her to grow. in her field" - Sited from Kiva.org