Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Net Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 99% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: ANTONIO
RAINBOW ICE CREAM, HILLSBORO, OR
Antonio of Rainbow Ice Cream in Hillsboro, OR combines his Mexican roots with exotic flavors to craft unique artisan ice cream. His loan will help him purchase industrial sized equipment needed in his production.
WHAT INSPIRED ANTONIO TO START HIS BUSINESS?
“My name is Antonio Gutierrez, I was born in Michoacán, Mexico. I was raised by my grandma and uncle. At a very early age I started helping my uncle with his " Nieve de garrafa (ice cream) business. He taught me everything I know about making artisan ice cream. Now that I live in the U.S., and I make ice cream for my children it takes me back to when I was in Mexico and reminds me of my uncle. With the help of my wife who is supporting me, I have started my own business of making artisan ice cream and popsicles in Oregon. Three years ago I started my ice cream business. I make artisan ice cream with exotic flavors such as corn, mamay, guanabana, avocado and many more. I decided to start my own business because I noticed that this type of ice cream is not available in Oregon and if it is it not all natural flavors. My customers are those that want to try something knew or enjoy homemade all natural flavors I offer." — Antonio via Kiva.org
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF ANTONIO'S LOAN?
“My goals for the future are to sell at multiple farmers markets and be able to cater to events. Another goal I have is to start making popsicles with the same flavors and then selling in a retail store. I enjoy talking about the different flavors of ice cream I make. Most of my clients don't even know about the fruits or that you can make ice cream out of them. This loan will allow us to buy an industrial sized ice cream and popsicle maker. This machine costs $5,100 and it will allow us to make more ice cream than we already make, as well as popsicles. With this machine will allow us not only to make more products to sell and distribute, but also give us the opportunity of growing our business at the same time. Our goal is to one day grow our business enough that we can have our own brick-and-mortar location to sell our artisanal ice creams.” — Antonio via Kiva.org