Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Net Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 96% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: ANDREW
Back to the Mother Microbrewed Kombucha, MISSOULA, MT
Andrew of Back to the Mother Microbrewed Kombucha in Missoula, MT, is a nontraditional business owner. Growing up in rural Ohio, he learned the value of hard work and had his feet and hands in the dirt in his own garden by the age of 11. Becoming very passionate about fermentation and the vibrancy it can add to our lives, he launched into the business world.
WHAT INSPIRED ANDREW TO START HIS BUSINESS?
At a very young age, Andrew developed a huge appreciation for food security and homesteading skills. Wanting to bring long-standing tradition back into our daily lives, he started his own microbrewery.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF ANDREW'S LOAN?
This loan allow the company to expand their operation into the local farmers market where they hope to greatly expand their ability to help others keep glass out of local landfill.