Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 99% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: Carletta
A Child's Time, USA
A Child's Time aims to provide quality childcare for children ages three to twelve.
WHY DID CARLETTA WANT TO START THIS COMPANY?
"As a single mother of two small children, ages 11 and 5, I find it easier to take my children with me to most places, particularly if we are running errands. However, during the course of our shopping and or taking care of other matters, their tolerance for the activities [is low]. . . . I have extensive training and experience in education including a doctorate in Education. . . . This is the motivation for my particular business." — pulled from Kiva.org
WHAT WILL CARLETTA USE THIS LOAN FOR?
"This loan in addition to other funding sources will allow A Child's Time, LLC to hire and retain skilled, and highly qualified staff to work with the children served in the drop in education/play center . . . Children need consistency and the workplace can thrive with a staff committed to the clientele being served." — Pulled from Kiva.org