Your Adventure Helps Others Find Theirs #liveBANGS
of Our Net Profits
reinvestment of loans
Our model is built to invest 20% of net profits in helping people start businesses.
Wayan, Indonesia - Photo by Brandon Smith | Images provided by Kiva.org to advance its mission of connecting people around the world through lending to alleviate poverty.
- We hand-select entrepreneurs to invest in their business ideas.
- All entrepreneurs are vetted + the loan dissemination and repayment is facilitated by our nonprofit partner, Kiva.org.
- Entrepreneurs build their business and then repay their loan.
- 96% of loans given through Kiva are repaid.
- This high repayment rate indicates an extremely high rate of successfully growing businesses!
- When a loan is repaid, we do not take the money back, but re-invest that SAME loan with a new, different entrepreneur.
- This means that over time, one loan could cycle through innumerable entrepreneurs, growing many, many businesses.
- Buy BANGS Shoes = Your Adventures Help Others Find Theirs.
featured entrepreneur: Carmen
Santander de Quilichao, Cauca, Columbia
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START YOUR BUSINESS?
"I am a senior indigenous coffee producer from Santander de Quilichao, Cauca. I've been harvesting coffee for more than 45 years, and am one of the most experienced cultivators within my council. I'm continuously inspired by being an active member of my community and a dedicated mentor for younger farmers, especially young women, who I love to guide through the harvesting process." - Sited from Kiva.org
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF YOUR LOAN?
"I currently have around 10,000 coffee plants distributed on 2 hectares of land. This loan helps me to purchase locally produced organic compost from members of my indigenous community that will allow me to boost my coffee production." - Sited from Kiva.org